Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Missing the good ones


In this day and age, with a seemingly endless supply of TV channels its hard to believe that any series gets canceled. Fox in particular seems to kill off shows that are quite good before they have any chance to get their legs. I recently saw the movie "Serenity", based on the Fox TV show FireFly. I'm really sorry I missed that series because the episodes that I've seen and the movie are truly excellent. I think 8 or 9 episode got made and that was it. If you like SciFi and you like Westerns, this show is an excellent blend of the two.

And to think 'Will and Grace' has been on since the time of Christ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Zuniga said...

The show rocks! You absolutely have to get the series on DVD (which also discusses the difficulties they had in bringing the show to air). I think that this series is the type that would do well when you can by tv shows on pay per view, because one paying tv customer is worth 3 in commericial tv.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Carl said...

The DVDs are on my 'to buy' list.

The movie took some of the fire out of a revamp to TV...

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home