Sunday, October 09, 2005

Snatched...

The Nebraska Cornhuskers faced the highest scoring offense in the land in the Texas Tech Raiders this past week. They took a direct hit in the chin in the first quarter spotting the Raiders 21 points. Then the unimaginable happened. The Nebraska Cornhuskers reached deep down and fought back. They even took a 31 - 27 lead late in the contest, then their luck ran out. A lapse of judgement by a defensive lineman, a half step by a dynamic passing quarterback and Nebraska is in the loss column for the first time this year.

Am I upset? Am I angry? Am I calling for Callahan's head? Nope. I'm really pleased with how the Husker's played Saturday. It showed real character to come back being down 21 points and be a play away from winning. I am disappointed in the loss. I'm not, like my sister, crowing about how Nebraska is 'BACK'. I'm just pleased that the team doesn't fold up and quit. I'm happy that Nebraska is improving.

The game Saturday was a hell of a lot of fun and I'm happy to be a Nebraska fan. I'm hoping that Nebraska can continue to improve and maybe (maybe) run the conference table (there are some real challenges ahead for the team) and maybe get a rematch with Tech in the conference title game. (Yeah, I hope Tech takes out the U. of Texa$.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Zathras said...

Nebraska ought to be proud of what they did yesterday. Colorado is probably the only thing between them and the Big 12 championship game (K-State looks pretty pitiful right now). If they can get past Colorado, they might be able to get some proper revenge for '96....

9:37 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

I do miss the old option offense. Option football is fun in its own way. It helps soften the game if your team has the ball for 10 minutes more than the opponent. Of course the option offense wasn't working that past couple of years due to the drop off of talent on the O-line.

If I were to choose another offense to replace the option offense it would have been the WCO. WCO is not the different than tripple option ball. When UNL was on its game it was just as explosive and fun to watch as this WCO.

I'm glad were not running the fun & gun or anything like that.

As for Tech's offense, they were pretty much shut down in the last 3 quarters of the game.

Colorado looked damn scary the other night versus A&M. We have to go to boulder. I don't have much hope for a Big XII North title. We need help.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home